Dentistry plays a significant role in maintaining optimum oral health. A dentist's role in diagnosing the mouth and suggesting suitable treatment to overcome any diseases or infections is crucial. It would be great if your dentist could treat all members of your family, as it reduces the hassle and makes it more convenient for you. This is where family dentistry comes into the picture.
What does a family dentist do?
When you choose a common family dentist, they would be treating all members of your family, irrespective of their age groups. Here are some of the common dental concerns treated by family dentists:
Cavities: Cavities are caused due to the adhered tartar on the teeth surfaces, which can erode the enamel and decay the underlying tissues. We treat cavities by removing the decay and restoring the tooth using suitable filling material.
Gum diseases: Gum diseases are typically caused due to severe infection by the microbes in the mouth. If not treated at the right time, gum diseases can lead to receding gum line, the decay of tissues, bleeding gums, and jawbone deterioration. Gum diseases can be treated by removing the decayed tissues, placing medication under the gums, and grafting healthy tissues near the infected site.
Malocclusion: Malocclusion, in most cases, is caused due to heredity, improper growth of the jawbone, missing teeth, faulty oral appliances, etc. It can be treated using suitable orthodontic appliances such as dental braces or Invisalign.
Damaged teeth: Taking a hard blow to the mouth, biting anything too hard, or sustaining an oral injury can damage the teeth by causing cracks, chips, or fractures. Such teeth can be restored using dental restorations such as crowns, veneers, or composite bonding.
Missing teeth: If you have a missing tooth, or worse, multiple missing teeth, oral functionality will take a hit. It also affects the aesthetics of the smile and can lead to multiple drawbacks. Hence, missing teeth can be restored using restorations such as dental implants, bridges, or dentures.
In addition to these, we offer various other dental treatments and also provide routine consultations.
What are the benefits of having a family dentist?
- Having a common family dentist can be quite convenient as they can treat all members of your family. There wouldn't be any hassle of scheduling multiple appointments or finding different dentists for different oral concerns.
- The benefit of familiarity can be of great help when you discuss your oral concerns with the dentist. You and your family would be more comfortable with the dentist during the treatment, making it more efficient.
- A single appointment can be scheduled for the routine bi-annual consultation of all members of your family.
- The dentist will maintain a detailed oral health record of the family, which can come in handy while treating unforeseen oral concerns.
- Your family dentist may also offer you discounts based on mutual understanding.
To have a consultation with our dentists, please schedule an online appointment or call us at (501) 758-7462, and we will be happy to help.